Bridon American Earns $100,000 Rebate
The wire rope manufacturer’s facility is in Hanover Industrial Estates in Hanover, PA. The Times-Tribune reports that the company spent $269,000 for energy efficiency improvements. Equipment installed by SmartWatt Energy includes a temperature control system that shuts heat and air conditioning and night and restarts it an hour before workers arrive in the morning. Cooling tower improvements were made and drives were put on machine motors to improve efficiency.
The annual electric savings are 835,000 kW, which equates to $85,000 to $90,000. The company also belongs to the Demand Response program which offers rewards to shutting the plant on days with particularly high demand.
SmartWatt’s release on the project said that the project reduced the Bridon American’s electric consumption by more than 6 percent over the 130,000 square-foot campus.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year