Brightergy Acquires Supply-Side of Acumen Energy Solutions
Brightergy has acquied the supply-side division of Acumen Energy Solutions. The acquisition marks the formation of a new department within Brightergy for Management of Electrical Power and Gas.
Brightergy has built its client base and business primarily through the financing, development and installation of rooftop solar-energy projects. In Q4 2013, the company announced a strategic alliance with global engineering firm Black & Veatch, as well as a partnership with Capstone Turbine to be the exclusive distributor of Capstone MicroTurbines in Missouri and Kansas. The company introduced energy efficiency financing and projects in 2013.
The acquisition of Acumen Energy Solutions’ supply-side division will allow Brightergy to act as an outsourced energy manager and provide its customers with energy intelligence they can use to make informed decisions about how to have more control over their energy costs.
Acumen’s former supply-side team members, clients and processes are being fully integrated into Brightergy.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management