Brightergy Acquires Supply-Side of Acumen Energy Solutions
Brightergy has acquied the supply-side division of Acumen Energy Solutions. The acquisition marks the formation of a new department within Brightergy for Management of Electrical Power and Gas.
Brightergy has built its client base and business primarily through the financing, development and installation of rooftop solar-energy projects. In Q4 2013, the company announced a strategic alliance with global engineering firm Black & Veatch, as well as a partnership with Capstone Turbine to be the exclusive distributor of Capstone MicroTurbines in Missouri and Kansas. The company introduced energy efficiency financing and projects in 2013.
The acquisition of Acumen Energy Solutions’ supply-side division will allow Brightergy to act as an outsourced energy manager and provide its customers with energy intelligence they can use to make informed decisions about how to have more control over their energy costs.
Acumen’s former supply-side team members, clients and processes are being fully integrated into Brightergy.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement