British Columbia Indian Tribe Contracts for Wind Energy
EDF EN Canada and McLeod Lake Indian Band (MLIB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the potential development of three wind energy projects representing over 500 MW in the Peace River Region of British Columbia.
The three projects represented in the MOU are the Sundance Wind Project, Taylor Wind Project and Wartenbe Wind Project. Both Taylor and Sundance projects are undergoing a BC Environmental Assessment. The projects could deliver power as early as 2017 subject to clearing the environmental assessment process and securing power off-take agreements from BC Hydro.
The Wartenbe project is construction ready, having previously received its BC Environmental Assessment Certificate.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology