British Columbia Indian Tribe Contracts for Wind Energy
EDF EN Canada and McLeod Lake Indian Band (MLIB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the potential development of three wind energy projects representing over 500 MW in the Peace River Region of British Columbia.
The three projects represented in the MOU are the Sundance Wind Project, Taylor Wind Project and Wartenbe Wind Project. Both Taylor and Sundance projects are undergoing a BC Environmental Assessment. The projects could deliver power as early as 2017 subject to clearing the environmental assessment process and securing power off-take agreements from BC Hydro.
The Wartenbe project is construction ready, having previously received its BC Environmental Assessment Certificate.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management