British Columbia Indian Tribe Contracts for Wind Energy
EDF EN Canada and McLeod Lake Indian Band (MLIB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the potential development of three wind energy projects representing over 500 MW in the Peace River Region of British Columbia.
The three projects represented in the MOU are the Sundance Wind Project, Taylor Wind Project and Wartenbe Wind Project. Both Taylor and Sundance projects are undergoing a BC Environmental Assessment. The projects could deliver power as early as 2017 subject to clearing the environmental assessment process and securing power off-take agreements from BC Hydro.
The Wartenbe project is construction ready, having previously received its BC Environmental Assessment Certificate.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions