British Columbia Indian Tribe Contracts for Wind Energy
EDF EN Canada and McLeod Lake Indian Band (MLIB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the potential development of three wind energy projects representing over 500 MW in the Peace River Region of British Columbia.
The three projects represented in the MOU are the Sundance Wind Project, Taylor Wind Project and Wartenbe Wind Project. Both Taylor and Sundance projects are undergoing a BC Environmental Assessment. The projects could deliver power as early as 2017 subject to clearing the environmental assessment process and securing power off-take agreements from BC Hydro.
The Wartenbe project is construction ready, having previously received its BC Environmental Assessment Certificate.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management