British Energy Supplier Buys Energy Management Firm
RWE npower is buying the Welsh energy management company RUMM in a move to help British businesses with energy efficiency measures.
npower Business Solutions, which is the second largest supplier of energy to British businesses, will roll out RUMM’s software to its biggest customers in Q2 2015, with the goal of delivering energy efficiency at scale. npower Business Solutions serves over 238,000 small to medium sized enterprise sites and around 22,000 industrial and commercial customers, with over 100,000 sites.
Developed as the result of work at the University of South Wales, RUMM’s proprietary software, IBASS, captures and stores energy usage data every half-hour to identify potential inefficiencies on customers’ sites. The software provides the basis to enable significant energy reduction and has the capability to offer switch-off measures. RUMM’S software is also integral to its behavioral approach to energy management.
RUMM targets customers that have energy bills larger than $371,000 per year, primarily in the manufacturing and utility sectors.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year