Bronx VA Hospital Upgrades Steam Traps
The Bronx campus of the James J. Peters Healthcare System (formerly known as the Bronx VA Medical Center) awarded Utility Systems Solutions (US2) a $498,785 contract for steam trap replacement.
US2 will replace up to 120 steam traps and install a new steam trap monitoring system in Buildings 100 and 105. US2 will identify and replace all failed and misapplied steam traps in the Bronx VA steam system. The new steam trap monitoring system will ensure energy savings are realized and sustained by alerting maintenance when a trap fails.
This project, which is scheduled to begin in early February, is US2’s fourth contract with the Bronx VA. US2 specializes in the design, development, and implementation of energy efficient retrofit strategies for aging government facilities.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- LED Myths and Facts
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing