Brookfield to Power Facebook’s Irish Datacenter
Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners and Facebook have announced a renewable supply agreement. Under the pact, Brookfield will supply all of the wind power used by Facebook’s Clonee, County Meath, Ireland facility. The datacenter now is under construction.
The Yahoo story says that Brookfield has more than 465 MW of wind assets in Ireland. The contract, which has a minimum length of ten years, will see Brookfield supply about 150 MW of wind to Facebook annually. Facebook says that the datacenter will be one of the most technically advanced and environmentally friendly in the world.
Facebook’s Clonee datacenter strategy and information on where else it is building datacenters was laid out earlier this year by Venture Beat.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management