BT Powers 90% of Research Center’s Energy Needs with Solar
British Telecom (BT) entered a deal with UK Sustainable Energy (UK-SE) to take 100 percent of the energy generated by UK-SE’s new solar farm at Brightwell to power a BT research campus.
Adastral Park, BT’s main research and development site in Suffolk will take 8 MW of power from the newly developed solar site at Brightwell, which boasts more than 32,500 solar panels.
The solar farm will supply up to 90 percent of the energy needs for BT’s Suffolk facility on peak energy days.
According to The Journal, the deal is valued at $42 million over the 20-year contract term.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash