Building Automation Software More Functional than Traditional Thermostat
Trane added the Tracer Concierge building automation system (BAS) to its building controls portfolio. Tracer Concierge is a simplified BAS, providing centralized control of a building’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as lighting. With Tracer Concierge, users get more functionality than with a traditional thermostat, says Trane.
The touch-screen display has standard screens that can be changed to reflect a specific building and shows information, including scheduling at a glance for all parts of a building. From a single point of control, the system provides the ability to group multiple rooms, components, HVAC and lighting equipment based on the way the area is used in the building, eliminating the need to program multiple thermostats.
Concierge comes preloaded with a scheduler that can be modified to fit how a building is used. Schedules can be set for 365 days, rather than the daily or weekly options with most programmable thermostats. In addition, Concierge is PIN protected to eliminate the risk of system overrides.
Concierge is Web-enabled, so buildings can be connected for diagnostics. The system also uses Trane Air-Fi wireless technology, eliminating the need for wired components.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management