Building Energy, ABM Install 2 MW Solar at Cornell
Italian company Building Energy is constructing a 2 MW solar array on Cornell University‘s campus in Ithaca, NY. ABM will provide engineering, procurement and construction and operations and maintenance services. Building Energy will finance and own the solar plant in partnership with Distributed Sun, who developed the project for Cornell.
The 6,500+ panel Lansing solar array will provide Cornell with fixed-rate solar energy for the 30-year agreement. The system is expected to generate just over 2.2 million kWh per year on average. Additionally, a section of the plant will be designated for academic use, which allows students physical access to manipulate 10 solar panels and access to the Web-based dashboard of the solar array monitoring software.
The contract is the second project for ABM and Building Energy’s recent joint venture. Building Energy says its efforts to work with Cornell have been bolstered by the NY-Sun Initiative.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement