Building Energy, ABM Install 2 MW Solar at Cornell
Italian company Building Energy is constructing a 2 MW solar array on Cornell University‘s campus in Ithaca, NY. ABM will provide engineering, procurement and construction and operations and maintenance services. Building Energy will finance and own the solar plant in partnership with Distributed Sun, who developed the project for Cornell.
The 6,500+ panel Lansing solar array will provide Cornell with fixed-rate solar energy for the 30-year agreement. The system is expected to generate just over 2.2 million kWh per year on average. Additionally, a section of the plant will be designated for academic use, which allows students physical access to manipulate 10 solar panels and access to the Web-based dashboard of the solar array monitoring software.
The contract is the second project for ABM and Building Energy’s recent joint venture. Building Energy says its efforts to work with Cornell have been bolstered by the NY-Sun Initiative.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software