Building Energy, ABM Install 2 MW Solar at Cornell
Italian company Building Energy is constructing a 2 MW solar array on Cornell University‘s campus in Ithaca, NY. ABM will provide engineering, procurement and construction and operations and maintenance services. Building Energy will finance and own the solar plant in partnership with Distributed Sun, who developed the project for Cornell.
The 6,500+ panel Lansing solar array will provide Cornell with fixed-rate solar energy for the 30-year agreement. The system is expected to generate just over 2.2 million kWh per year on average. Additionally, a section of the plant will be designated for academic use, which allows students physical access to manipulate 10 solar panels and access to the Web-based dashboard of the solar array monitoring software.
The contract is the second project for ABM and Building Energy’s recent joint venture. Building Energy says its efforts to work with Cornell have been bolstered by the NY-Sun Initiative.
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide