Building Energy Case Study: 77 West Wacker, Chicago
With the help of EDF Climate Corps, the facilities team at 77 West Wacker in Chicago cut its energy costs by almost 50 percent.
As a Class A building, 77 West Wacker has 50 floors, 16 tenants and 959,258 square feet of rentable space. With its all-electric infrastructure, JLL business and operational leaders partnered to identify where energy savings could be generated. By driving transparency into the data, customizing the building’s automation system, and engaging tenants on energy use, JLL reduced its annual energy use by 2 million kWh and decreased its electrical expenses by 47 percent.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds