Building Energy Case Study: Urban Innovations, Chicago
Urban Innovations found $70,000 in annual cost savings and over $72,000 in immediate rebates working with EDF Climate Corps.
Urban Innovations, like many Class B building operators, has a diverse portfolio of properties. By tracking which buildings offered the most immediate opportunities for energy savings, the company made strategic choices to upgrade equipment in some properties as part of regular maintenance and repair, while completely redeveloping other properties. As a result, Urban Innovations has reduced energy use annually by 990,000 kWh of electricity, saving $70,000 a year.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Combined Heat and Power
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles