Building Owner Installs Solar with PACE Funds
The Gateway Center building in downtown Chula Vista, Calif., installed solar panels using the Clean Energy Chula Vista Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program. The PACE program is offered in partnership with the City of Chula Vista and Ygrene Energy Fund. The building now boasts 1,054 solar panels generating 344.6 kW.
The Clean Energy Chula Vista program enables property owners, such as MountainWest Real Estate which owns the Gateway Center, to install solar panels and make other energy and water saving improvements to their homes and businesses and repay the financing through property taxes. Ygrene’s PACE financing program provides privately funded financing for thousands of upgrades for both residential and commercial property owners with no upfront costs.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds