Building Management Systems Contribute to Profitability
Energy management tools are helping companies large and small decrease costs and increase profits. An article in Triple Pundit outlines three ways that building management systems are helping companies improve their bottom lines:
- Energy consumption data collected by building management systems can help facility managers identify equipment that is not operating at peak efficiency and make informed decisions about which pieces of equipment would benefit from an energy retrofit.
- Armed with data about how much energy specific systems and devices are using, building managers are able to more fully understand operational costs and increase operational efficiencies.
- Mobile apps and energy dashboards allow building managers to monitor equipment and devices any time and from any location, so that devices that are not working properly can be identified and fixed before they fail. This type of system monitoring also facilitates the reduction or elimination of scheduled maintenance.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection