Building Robotics Wins $1.14M of Seed Capital
Building Robotics, creator of software for people in commercial buildings, has announced a $1.14 million seed financing round by Claremont Creek Ventures, Google Ventures, Formation 8, Navitas Capital, Red Swan Ventures and other angel investors.
Building Robotics says that its initial product, Comfy, is the first to meaningfully reconnect people to the heating and cooling in their work environments, providing more comfortable spaces while saving energy.
The software is compatible with most existing building management systems, says the company. The product also provides occupants with a mobile and web application. It provides instant warm or cool air to people, while incorporating their usage patterns and feedback into a machine-learning algorithm that reduces energy.
Comfy builds on an open-source platform developed by co-founders Andrew Krioukov and Stephen Dawson-Haggerty during their time as Ph.D. researchers in Computer Science at UC Berkeley’s LoCal Group. They developed a software architecture for buildings that allows for scalability across a large, existing building stock and for rapid application development.
Comfy has gained traction in the commercial real estate market with pilot deployments at large Bay Area technology companies, as well as in a large federal building, through the General Services Administration’s Green Proving Ground program. The GSA, which is the nation’s largest landlord and manages 300 million square feet of office space for the federal government, selected Comfy as one of five innovations for the 2013 program.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management