Building Technologies Office Peer Review Released
The 2013 Building Technologies Office (BTO) Program Peer Review Report was just released, evaluating 59 projects funded by the Department of Energy.
The report measures the progress BTO investments are making in the development of energy efficient building technologies. It also asks how well BTO is helping to direct future investments.
The report summarizes the results of BTO’s first comprehensive Peer Review. The review was held in Washington, DC, in April 2013. The report includes comments and scores for technology and market deployment projects in both the residential and commercial buildings sectors. Projects were evaluated for research and development strategies, deployment tactics, progress to date, and future plans.
The report includes: 29 from BTO’s Emerging Technologies Program; 20 from the Commercial Buildings Integration Program; six from the Residential Buildings Integration Program; and four from the Building Energy Codes Program.
The review provides:
- An independent evaluation of BTO projects and performers, their efforts over the past year toward BTO goals, and their future plans;
- A forum to promote collaborations among project performers and other stakeholders; and
- An explanation of the value of BTO investments.
BTO will use the information provided through this review process to enhance the management and effectiveness of existing efforts and inform the design of future programs and projects.
In one project evaluated, EnergyPlus, reviewers recognized it as one of the foundational projects of BTO. Recent additions to the model were recognized, and more aggressive outreach was suggested. It also was added to an updated California law and new products developed by Trane Corporation reflected its influence.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts