BuildingIQ, S4 Team to Save Energy for Office Building
BuildingIQ and The S4 Group incorporated their technologies to identify energy savings for a commercial office space in Cambridge, Mass.
The S4 Open BACnet-N2 Router provided the enabling technology that tapped into the existing Metasys N2 legacy system from Johnson Controls, while BuildingIQ’s Predictive Energy Optimization software extracted data on the efficiency of the building’s operations. As a result, the two companies were able to reduce operation costs and integrate HVAC energy optimization in a commercial building with an older infrastructure.
The incorporation of the S4 Open BACnet-N2 Router and BuildingIQ’s cloud-based solution was completed within one hour, without interruption or modification of ongoing performance.
Prior to implementation of these solutions, the building management system’s local system integrator would need to manually make adjustments to the system’s hardware. Now, BuildingIQ’s system is able to make real-time adjustments to building controls to maximize efficiency during heating and cooling operations. In this application S4 provided the data collection functionality, while allowing the Metasys supervisory controller and operator workstation to continue operating in parallel to BuildingIQ services.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room