BuildingIQ, S4 Team to Save Energy for Office Building
BuildingIQ and The S4 Group incorporated their technologies to identify energy savings for a commercial office space in Cambridge, Mass.
The S4 Open BACnet-N2 Router provided the enabling technology that tapped into the existing Metasys N2 legacy system from Johnson Controls, while BuildingIQ’s Predictive Energy Optimization software extracted data on the efficiency of the building’s operations. As a result, the two companies were able to reduce operation costs and integrate HVAC energy optimization in a commercial building with an older infrastructure.
The incorporation of the S4 Open BACnet-N2 Router and BuildingIQ’s cloud-based solution was completed within one hour, without interruption or modification of ongoing performance.
Prior to implementation of these solutions, the building management system’s local system integrator would need to manually make adjustments to the system’s hardware. Now, BuildingIQ’s system is able to make real-time adjustments to building controls to maximize efficiency during heating and cooling operations. In this application S4 provided the data collection functionality, while allowing the Metasys supervisory controller and operator workstation to continue operating in parallel to BuildingIQ services.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation