BuildingOS Unifies Building Data, Prevents Vendor ‘Lock-in’
Lucid‘s new BuildingOS, an online operating system for buildings, serves as the central hub to consolidate meter and building system data, giving visibility into the energy performance of a diverse portfolio of buildings.
Lucid says BuildingOS integrates quickly and can be used on a computer, tablet, or phone. The software connects with over 150 meter types and building systems including the majority of building automation systems, submeters, lighting controls, plug load systems, on-site generation, and demand response providers, as well as utilities and Green Button. The software unifies data from multiple sources without vendor lock-in.
Building managers can have a portfolio-wide solution for tracking energy, water and building performance information, regardless of which vendors are involved, says Lucid.
BuildingOS has been in Beta testing for nearly a year with customers including Sony Pictures Entertainment and Genentech.
Lucid is leveraging its existing footprint with Building Dashboard, used by over 300 organizations representing $500 million in annual energy expenses, to introduce BuildingOS, which is available now.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide