BuildingOS Unifies Building Data, Prevents Vendor ‘Lock-in’
Lucid‘s new BuildingOS, an online operating system for buildings, serves as the central hub to consolidate meter and building system data, giving visibility into the energy performance of a diverse portfolio of buildings.
Lucid says BuildingOS integrates quickly and can be used on a computer, tablet, or phone. The software connects with over 150 meter types and building systems including the majority of building automation systems, submeters, lighting controls, plug load systems, on-site generation, and demand response providers, as well as utilities and Green Button. The software unifies data from multiple sources without vendor lock-in.
Building managers can have a portfolio-wide solution for tracking energy, water and building performance information, regardless of which vendors are involved, says Lucid.
BuildingOS has been in Beta testing for nearly a year with customers including Sony Pictures Entertainment and Genentech.
Lucid is leveraging its existing footprint with Building Dashboard, used by over 300 organizations representing $500 million in annual energy expenses, to introduce BuildingOS, which is available now.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing