Burger Franchisee Installs Energy Management at 59 Stores
TOMS King, a northern Illinois-based Burger King franchisee, has deployed GridPoint’s energy management at all 59 TOMS King restaurants throughout Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania after a successful six-site pilot.
TOMS King installed asset-level submetering to monitor several pieces of equipment and implemented HVAC and lighting controls. TOMS King also gained access to GridPoint’s cloud-based software platform, GridPoint Energy Manager, which aggregates and presents data collected at each site. Additionally, TOMS King subscribed to GridPoint’s Energy Advisory and Control Support Services.
TOMS King also lowered energy costs by reducing consumption and demand peaks using two of GridPoint’s advanced algorithms – HVAC Setback/Recovery and Load Curtailment.
Finally, GridPoint initiated a series of alarms that alert management when mechanical or electrical issues arise at any TOMS King restaurant. For instance, the alarms GridPoint developed for coolers and freezers allow TOMS King to see when temperatures move above or below preferred thresholds and complement TOMS King’s food management and safety programs.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers