Burger King Franchise Deploys GridPoint EMS
Northern Illinois-based Burger King franchisee, TOMS King has deployed GridPoint Energy Manager at all 59 of its restaurants.
TOMS King’s installed asset-level submetering as well as HVAC and lighting controls.
The quick-serve restaurant gained access to GridPoint’s cloud-based software, GridPoint Energy Manager, which aggregates and presents data collected at each site. The franchisee also subscribed to GridPoint’s Energy Advisory and Control Support Services.
TOMS King was also able to lower its energy costs by using GridPoint’s HVAC Setback/Recovery and Load Curtailment. In addition, alarms alert management when mechanical or electrical issues arise at any TOMS King restaurant.
GridPoint said that TOMS King has realized substantial energy savings since deploying the EMS, but it did not specify the amount of savings.
Before implementing the EMS in its entire fleet of restaurants, TOMS King had deployed GridPoint’s EMS at six Burger King restaurants in April 2013 as part of a pilot program.
GridPoint detailed the deployment in a case study about the project.
Earlier this year, Independence LED retrofitted the lighting at a Burger King in Carteret, New Jersey.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase