CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
California Governor Jerry Brown today signed legislation setting uniform disclosure rules for Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing programs.
PACE programs enable energy efficiency loans to be issued to property owners that are repaid as a line item on their tax bill. The press release on the bill from the Ygrene Energy Fund says that the law, AB 2693, mandates the loan administrator “accurately identifies important consumer issues with the program and prescribes on-point solutions that preserve PACE’s unique structure and benefits, while improving consumer disclosures and safeguards.”
The law is aimed at keeping consumers from overextending themselves by disclosure of special tax liens, the total amount of interest that will be changed and what requirements will be in case of a refinance or sale.
The Federal House Authority (FHA) began backing mortgages with PACE financing earlier this month.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy