CA Technologies, RF Code Deliver DCIM
CA Technologies has integrated RF Code’s technology into CA’s Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), enabling customers to collect, monitor and analyze environmental and asset location information for an enhanced view of their data center infrastructure.
The integration is the outgrowth of a strategic marketing agreement between the two companies.
While CA’s DCIM already integrates, analyzes, and reports on a wide range of data center variables, the agreement will leverage RF Code’s sensor technology for more granular data. The data collected by RF Code sensors and processed by CA DCIM can include “live” temperature, humidity, air pressure, air-flow and fluid detection. This data can be analyzed and visualized by CA DCIM using real-time maps and views of the data center and enhanced by CA DCIM’s alerting.
RF Code’s real-time asset tracking data such as location, movement and status can be sent to CA DCIM, for asset location detection and physical asset security.
Having been proven in practice by early adopters and with the increased focus on power consumption, DCIM systems are predicted to become a mainstream and even a “must have” tool for data centers, according to Clemens Pfeiffer, CTO of Power Assure. Organizations will utilize DCIM systems for both capacity planning and real-time management of application workloads and environmental conditions, says Pfeiffer.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems