CA Technologies, RF Code Deliver DCIM
CA Technologies has integrated RF Code’s technology into CA’s Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), enabling customers to collect, monitor and analyze environmental and asset location information for an enhanced view of their data center infrastructure.
The integration is the outgrowth of a strategic marketing agreement between the two companies.
While CA’s DCIM already integrates, analyzes, and reports on a wide range of data center variables, the agreement will leverage RF Code’s sensor technology for more granular data. The data collected by RF Code sensors and processed by CA DCIM can include “live” temperature, humidity, air pressure, air-flow and fluid detection. This data can be analyzed and visualized by CA DCIM using real-time maps and views of the data center and enhanced by CA DCIM’s alerting.
RF Code’s real-time asset tracking data such as location, movement and status can be sent to CA DCIM, for asset location detection and physical asset security.
Having been proven in practice by early adopters and with the increased focus on power consumption, DCIM systems are predicted to become a mainstream and even a “must have” tool for data centers, according to Clemens Pfeiffer, CTO of Power Assure. Organizations will utilize DCIM systems for both capacity planning and real-time management of application workloads and environmental conditions, says Pfeiffer.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash