CA Technologies, RF Code Deliver DCIM
CA Technologies has integrated RF Code’s technology into CA’s Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), enabling customers to collect, monitor and analyze environmental and asset location information for an enhanced view of their data center infrastructure.
The integration is the outgrowth of a strategic marketing agreement between the two companies.
While CA’s DCIM already integrates, analyzes, and reports on a wide range of data center variables, the agreement will leverage RF Code’s sensor technology for more granular data. The data collected by RF Code sensors and processed by CA DCIM can include “live” temperature, humidity, air pressure, air-flow and fluid detection. This data can be analyzed and visualized by CA DCIM using real-time maps and views of the data center and enhanced by CA DCIM’s alerting.
RF Code’s real-time asset tracking data such as location, movement and status can be sent to CA DCIM, for asset location detection and physical asset security.
Having been proven in practice by early adopters and with the increased focus on power consumption, DCIM systems are predicted to become a mainstream and even a “must have” tool for data centers, according to Clemens Pfeiffer, CTO of Power Assure. Organizations will utilize DCIM systems for both capacity planning and real-time management of application workloads and environmental conditions, says Pfeiffer.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management