CALMAC Launches Energy Storage App
CALMAC has launched a new app for thermal energy storage in commercial building projects. The app allows manufacturing representatives and mechanical and consulting engineers to simulate the effect of thermal energy storage installations on demand and predict reductions in peak electrical demand from use of CALMAC ice-based thermal energy storage tanks.
CALMAC’s IceBank thermal energy storage tanks store renewable energy in the form of ice for use during periods of peak electrical demand. Thermal energy storage can also kick in to provide cooling if a cloud prevents use of solar during peak demand hours or during electrical demand response events. With thermal energy storage, building owners can experience significant savings by creating and storing ice at night for next-day cooling operations.
After inputting the desired function of the energy storage tanks, the app provides a project summary for the potential installation, including the number of tanks and chiller size, expected reduction of peak electrical demand (kW), total cooling in kWh or ton-hours, total storage in kWh or ton-hours, and a graph of the building’s cooling profile.
The app is available for free on all Apple and Android smart devices.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future