Calming the Nerves of Energy Efficiency Investors
As part of the Environmental Defense Fund’s Investor Confidence Project, the group has launched a Quality Assurance Credential for companies.
The Investor Confidence Project (ICP) aims to create a way to measure and predict energy savings so that investors are more willing to invest in energy efficiency projects.
EDF’s new Quality Assurance Credential authorizes third-party providers to verify that a project conforms to a set of ICP protocols, as well as certify it as an Investor Ready Energy Efficiency project.
EDF says 10 firms have qualified for the Quality Assurance Credential: ARUP, Bolder Energy Engineers, Celtic Energy, Environmental Building Strategies, Performance Systems Development, SBW Consulting, SCIenergy, Sustainable Real Estate Solutions, TRC Energy Services, and Institute for Building Technology and Safety.
These firms are now authorized to conduct third-party review for projects that were originated by Credentialed Project Developers. If these projects comply with ICP protocols, the Quality Assurance Provider can certify them as an Investor Ready Energy Efficiency (IREE) project, which indicates the project has undergone a standardized and independent technical review process. The IREE logo also assures building owners and investors of all types that the underlying engineering fundamentals of a project are sound and that predicted returns have been calculated correctly.
For investors, standardized projects and documentation enable efficient due diligence, faster underwriting, and more reliable investment returns.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash