Campus Program Sets Energy Path
In Colorado, the Clean Energy Economy for the Region (CLEER) Energy Navigator tracks energy use and has attracted a system of local colleges.
The software system tracks energy use online and also displays it on kiosks around the community. Colorado Mountain College (CMC), with locations throughout the High Country, has been inspired to use the technology to monitor energy consumption at its own buildings. Twenty-five buildings are now on the navigator.
The navigator tracks utility bill data and live energy data from many buildings across the campuses. The website can display the annual energy use at each location based on utility bills, and also show energy use in 15-minute intervals to compare day-to-day usage.
CMC is just now beginning to roll out the Energy Navigator, and plans to have it fully operational by spring 2014, according to the Summit Daily. A school district as well as Alpine Bank and some buildings in Eagle County also use it.
The Energy Navigator tracks the energy at buildings at every campus except in Buena Vista, as well as tracking the administrative offices in Glenwood Springs. Facility managers will be able to adjust operations and save money on energy costs and use this tool to gauge energy management. It reports both energy consumption and renewable energy generation.
The CLEER technology works directly with the college-wide building automation system server, integration which allowed for reduced hardware and installation costs by 95 percent.
Photo: Cameron M. Burns
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide