Cannabis Growers Reduce Energy Consumption
HempTech, a division of St. Petersburg, Fla.-based FutureWorld, unveiled a facility and energy-management system to help reduce the electricity consumption and cost for cannabis growers. HempTech’s smart. NRG energy management system includes three components:
- Secure Intelligent Devices (SID): Lights, LEDs, and systems with imbedded two-way communication systems that dispense real-time information, management and controls.
- Facility CaNNaLyTiX: Predictive software for facility management with fault detection and diagnostics.
- Energy CaNNaLyTiX: Energy analysis and information to implement continuous improvements.
The system leverages a diagnostics engine that focuses on energy data analysis to increase efficiency and reduce overall operational costs, HempTech said. Information obtained with CaNNaLyTiX can be used to identify inefficient assets; predict, reduce and eliminate equipment downtime; automate fault detection and deliver real-time notifications; reduce maintenance issues and determine probable causes; control and improve the reliability of energy usage per site; monitor equipment energy usage trends and details; alert if lights or devices fail or energy usage is unexpectedly high; and e-mail energy consumption and cost information.
This is a step in the right direction for an industry that had previously been labeled as the single largest power thief by Awesense, a Vancouver-based company that provides sensors and software to detect energy theft.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement