Cannabis Growers Reduce Energy Consumption
HempTech, a division of St. Petersburg, Fla.-based FutureWorld, unveiled a facility and energy-management system to help reduce the electricity consumption and cost for cannabis growers. HempTech’s smart. NRG energy management system includes three components:
- Secure Intelligent Devices (SID): Lights, LEDs, and systems with imbedded two-way communication systems that dispense real-time information, management and controls.
- Facility CaNNaLyTiX: Predictive software for facility management with fault detection and diagnostics.
- Energy CaNNaLyTiX: Energy analysis and information to implement continuous improvements.
The system leverages a diagnostics engine that focuses on energy data analysis to increase efficiency and reduce overall operational costs, HempTech said. Information obtained with CaNNaLyTiX can be used to identify inefficient assets; predict, reduce and eliminate equipment downtime; automate fault detection and deliver real-time notifications; reduce maintenance issues and determine probable causes; control and improve the reliability of energy usage per site; monitor equipment energy usage trends and details; alert if lights or devices fail or energy usage is unexpectedly high; and e-mail energy consumption and cost information.
This is a step in the right direction for an industry that had previously been labeled as the single largest power thief by Awesense, a Vancouver-based company that provides sensors and software to detect energy theft.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape