Cannabis Growers Reduce Energy Consumption
HempTech, a division of St. Petersburg, Fla.-based FutureWorld, unveiled a facility and energy-management system to help reduce the electricity consumption and cost for cannabis growers. HempTech’s smart. NRG energy management system includes three components:
- Secure Intelligent Devices (SID): Lights, LEDs, and systems with imbedded two-way communication systems that dispense real-time information, management and controls.
- Facility CaNNaLyTiX: Predictive software for facility management with fault detection and diagnostics.
- Energy CaNNaLyTiX: Energy analysis and information to implement continuous improvements.
The system leverages a diagnostics engine that focuses on energy data analysis to increase efficiency and reduce overall operational costs, HempTech said. Information obtained with CaNNaLyTiX can be used to identify inefficient assets; predict, reduce and eliminate equipment downtime; automate fault detection and deliver real-time notifications; reduce maintenance issues and determine probable causes; control and improve the reliability of energy usage per site; monitor equipment energy usage trends and details; alert if lights or devices fail or energy usage is unexpectedly high; and e-mail energy consumption and cost information.
This is a step in the right direction for an industry that had previously been labeled as the single largest power thief by Awesense, a Vancouver-based company that provides sensors and software to detect energy theft.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management