Capstone Sells Microturbine in Northwest Italy
Capstone Turbine Corporation said that it has received an order for a C1000S Signature Series microturbine for use in a local district heating project in northwest Italy. The sale was made by IBT Group, which is Capstone’s Italian distributor.
The 1 MW C1000S will be used in a combined heat and power (CHP) installation to produce primary power and heated water. The platform is expected to operate at 80 percent efficiency. The facility at which the microturbine will be used is owned and operated by an energy services company based in Genoa. The C1000S was chosen partly because of its ability to operate at high altitudes. The installation will be at an elevation of 2,000 meters, Capstone said.
Small capstone microturbines are air cooled and only have one moving part, according to the company.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers