Carbon Disclosure Project Recognizes Yahoo!
The Carbon Disclosure Project, which evaluates companies based on their efforts to fight climate change, has recognized Yahoo as one of its leaders. According to the project, it has set meaningful targets and then verified its outcomes.
“This excellent result indicates Yahoo! Inc. has implemented a range of actions to manage climate change, both in its own operations and beyond. Companies at Leadership level show evidence of at least one of the following: meaningful targets and emissions reduction activities and verified or assured emissions data,” says Yahoo, which is referencing the project’s standards.
“We believe environmentally sustainable business is smart business, and our mission continues. We actively engage with a number of non-profit organizations like the (carbon disclosure project) to measure our environmental risk and share information regarding our carbon footprint with our users around the world. Together, we believe we can make a meaningful impact on our climate and to secure our collective future,” Yahoo adds.
The project looked at 1,000 companies representing 12% of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Companies with more than 70% of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development combined market capitalization currently report climate-related data through the Carbon Disclosure Project.
“With a track record of more than 15 years, we understand and have been the catalyst for global climate disclosure,” says Paul Simpson, chief executive of the project. “Delivering the Paris agreement was a major objective for us. Paris gave us the license to go further — and we are working with investors to ensure our data and insights can go further as well.”
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- There’s Money in the Trash
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management