Care-Energy Opens Branch in Beirut
Energy supply in the Middle East is expensive and even impossible to obtain in many places due to the lack of infrastructure. Recent wars and military operations have destroyed most working facilities, including the only power plant in Palestine. Setting up an energy supply based on an independent, decentralized system that does not require raw materials would offer significant advantages to the local population.
Hamburg, Germany-based energy supplier Care-Energy is looking to help bring energy independence to the area with its CareCel photovoltaic systems. The system has built-in storage and infrastructure facilities and is designed to provide independent energy supply for households, schools, hospitals and businesses.
After successful international projects in Africa and Asia to supply energy to hospitals, schools and private homes, the Beirut office will begin deliveries of the CareCel system to Lebanon, the company said. Customers will have the option of purchasing the system or paying off the cost with the energy it delivers.
A similar system has been patented in the United States. Ecosphere Technologies’ Ecos PowerCube is a portable, self-contained micro-utility that uses solar power to provide electricity in remote, off-grid locations.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement