Caribbean Resort Goes Solar
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten, has completed a solar installation that allows the resort to produce six to eight hours of its own power during peak times.
In 2007, the resort first installed solar panels to heat the water used in the property’s guest rooms. Now, the resort’s owner, Columbia Sussex Corporation, working with OneWorld Sustainable, has completed the installation of 2,602 Lightway solar panels for a total system capacity of 755 kW. The completed solar system will produce about 1,223,000 kWh per year.
Earlier this year, NRG Energy said it was installing renewable power for Richard Branson’s private Necker Island, part of the British Virgin Islands. Branson is advocating renewable energy for all the Caribbean Islands.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement