Caribbean Resort Goes Solar
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten, has completed a solar installation that allows the resort to produce six to eight hours of its own power during peak times.
In 2007, the resort first installed solar panels to heat the water used in the property’s guest rooms. Now, the resort’s owner, Columbia Sussex Corporation, working with OneWorld Sustainable, has completed the installation of 2,602 Lightway solar panels for a total system capacity of 755 kW. The completed solar system will produce about 1,223,000 kWh per year.
Earlier this year, NRG Energy said it was installing renewable power for Richard Branson’s private Necker Island, part of the British Virgin Islands. Branson is advocating renewable energy for all the Caribbean Islands.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards