Carton Companies Save $1.8 Million Via Efficient Lighting
The Independent Carton Group (ICG), an association of 17 independently owned and operated folding carton companies, announced that its members have achieved significant monetary savings and environmental benefits as a result of the group’s energy efficiency program with Efficient Lighting Consultants (ELC). ICG member companies that implemented energy-efficient lighting solutions in their manufacturing facilities, warehouses and offices through ELC and various other means are collectively saving in excess of $1.8 million in electricity costs and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by over 18.1 million pounds annually, according to ICG.
ICG’s members were able to tap into ELC’s expertise in auditing energy consumption, devising conservation strategies, leveraging energy incentives and implementing technologies that provide for the immediate reduction of energy usage – while remaining within members’ current utility budgets.
ICG members, many of which have multiple locations, worked directly with ELC to create a custom plan for their facilities and install new energy-efficient lighting. Also, members that had already installed efficient lighting prior to the ICG program enlisted ELC to perform a lighting audit and implement any additional measures that would provide for further gains in energy efficiency.
The members’ annual savings amounts to over 16.4 million kilowatt hours of electricity, the equivalent to over 8.4 million pounds of coal and nearly 1.1 million gallons of oil not burned, or the amount of fossil fuels needed to provide 1,976 homes with electricity for one year. ICG members have also helped reduce air pollution and improve air quality by decreasing their greenhouse gas emissions, annually avoiding 33,383 pounds of sulfur oxides, 8,906 pounds of nitrogen oxides and over 18 million pounds of carbon dioxide, according to ICG.
ICG recently extended the program to its designated vendors, encouraging them to utilize ELC in support of their own energy efficiency initiatives.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts