Cascade Energy Debuts Energy Efficiency Platform
Cascade Energy introduced an energy efficiency management system designed to help industrial companies reduce their energy expenditures. Cascade rolled out its Sensei software at the World Energy Engineering Congress, taking aim at the $95 billion annual energy bill of US industrial companies.
The web-based system provides real-time energy consumption tracking and visual displays of key performance indicators, including energy correlations to plant throughput, comparisons with previous periods, event tagging overlaid on energy performance and reporting of cumulative savings across multiple facilities.
Sensei is available in North America on a subscription basis to utilities and companies. Service options for professional support, meter installation, sub-metering, data aggregation, and transmission hardware are also available.
Cascade Energy, located in Portland, Ore., self-funded the yearlong development of Sensei with a 10-person development team. The platform has been tested in large industrial enterprises and has application in commercial buildings.
According to Pike Research, the industrial energy management software and services industry is expected to achieve 22 percent annualized growth through 2020.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement