Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
Green and Save offers a case study of a commercial portfolio’s LED retrofit in New York City that cut costs by 74 percent.
Newmark Holdings’ project covered different common areas and existing lighting across the 10 million square feet of 24 properties under management. The LED fixtures, lamps and retrofits that were installed in the buildings required thousands of hours of auditing, manufacturing, rebate administration and logistics by contractor Independence Lighting.
The cost of the project will surpass $10 million during the 10-year warrantee life of the products. ConEdison gave Newmark incentives that will provide ROI of more than 65 percent and payback of less than 18 months. About 3.7 million kWh will be saved annually and carbon dioxide emissions will be cut by 50 million pounds during the next decade.
This week, the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a commercial center in New York City, dedicated a project featuring 3,152 rooftop solar panels.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase