Casino Retrofits Retail Space with LEDs
To save energy, Monte Carlo, one of 10 MGM resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, replaced 96 500-watt halogen lamps with 50-watt LED lamps in a retail area covering 8,950 square feet.
Light Efficient Design installed the LED retrofit. The LED lamps allow the resort to maintain the original fixtures and lighting design of the shopping area.
The energy savings and maintenance cost savings will result in a project payback of less than four months, according to MGM resort management.
Last year, MGM Resorts International partnered with NRG Energy on the planned installation of a large rooftop solar photovoltaic array at the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex