Casino Retrofits Retail Space with LEDs
To save energy, Monte Carlo, one of 10 MGM resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, replaced 96 500-watt halogen lamps with 50-watt LED lamps in a retail area covering 8,950 square feet.
Light Efficient Design installed the LED retrofit. The LED lamps allow the resort to maintain the original fixtures and lighting design of the shopping area.
The energy savings and maintenance cost savings will result in a project payback of less than four months, according to MGM resort management.
Last year, MGM Resorts International partnered with NRG Energy on the planned installation of a large rooftop solar photovoltaic array at the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement