Casino Retrofits Retail Space with LEDs
To save energy, Monte Carlo, one of 10 MGM resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, replaced 96 500-watt halogen lamps with 50-watt LED lamps in a retail area covering 8,950 square feet.
Light Efficient Design installed the LED retrofit. The LED lamps allow the resort to maintain the original fixtures and lighting design of the shopping area.
The energy savings and maintenance cost savings will result in a project payback of less than four months, according to MGM resort management.
Last year, MGM Resorts International partnered with NRG Energy on the planned installation of a large rooftop solar photovoltaic array at the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Combined Heat and Power
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape