Casino Retrofits Retail Space with LEDs
To save energy, Monte Carlo, one of 10 MGM resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, replaced 96 500-watt halogen lamps with 50-watt LED lamps in a retail area covering 8,950 square feet.
Light Efficient Design installed the LED retrofit. The LED lamps allow the resort to maintain the original fixtures and lighting design of the shopping area.
The energy savings and maintenance cost savings will result in a project payback of less than four months, according to MGM resort management.
Last year, MGM Resorts International partnered with NRG Energy on the planned installation of a large rooftop solar photovoltaic array at the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings