Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
Caterpillar and First Solar are allying to develop an integrated photovoltaic solar solution for microgrid applications. Under the agreement, First Solar will design and manufacture a pre-engineered turnkey package for remote microgrids used for small communities and mine sites.
The package will feature Cat-branded solar panels manufactured by First Solar. Caterpillar will exclusively sell and support the integrated offering through its worldwide Cat dealer network, along with its current offerings of generator sets and energy storage.
Microgrids provide value to prime power diesel and gas customers by integrating renewable energy, such as solar power, with generator sets.
Caterpillar expects to first market the new microgrid solution in the Asia Pacific, Africa, and Latin America regions, beginning in the second half of 2015.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future