CEMEX Helps Mexican Clean Energy Projects
Global cement company CEMEX is participating in a Clean Energy Fund that is expected to raise $300 million through a public offer of capital development certificates in the Mexican stock exchange. The proceeds will be invested in a series of clean energy projects in Mexico. The first project will be the construction of a wind-powered park, Ventika, in the northern state of Nuevo Leon.
CEMEX’s participation in the Clean Energy Fund will be limited to management and advisory activities under the guidance of a technical committee, and the company will limit its participation to a minority equity stake not exceeding 10 percent in the sponsored projects.
As part of its responsibilities, CEMEX will provide a team of professionals with experience in energy related projects, an extensive network of contacts, assistance in negotiating and closing these type of transactions, proficiency in optimizing capital structures, and knowledge of the different stages of a project’s life cycle.
Earlier this month, CEMEX said it had commissioned a 1 MW wind turbine at its quarry located in Madison, Calif.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management