Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
The Green Button Alliance launched its Green Button Download My Data (DMD) testing and certification program, designed to support and accelerate the broad adoption of Green Button offerings.
The Green Button DMD enables electricity customers to download their usage data from an energy service provider’s website in an industry-standard XML data format.
The certification program will ensure utilities, energy service providers and other Green Button users that their implementations comply with enhanced Green Button standards and are fully interoperable with other independently developed Green Button services and applications.
In addition, a “Green Button Certified DMD” mark on an energy provider’s website assures consumers and application developers that they can rely on the data they receive.
Currently, there are over 150 utilities and service providers that provide customers with their own energy data in the standardized Green Button format. Utilities and energy service providers who have existing Green Button DMD implementations, or who are in the process of developing Green Button DMD offerings, can now apply for Green Button DMD certification.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash