CES Replaces Chiller Atop Hilton Hotel
Doubletree Resorts retained Comprehensive Energy Services (CES) to perform an air-cooled chiller replacement at its by Hilton Orlando Sea World resort.
The project required installing a 195-ton chiller onto the rooftop of the 16-story resort building. CES partnered with SimsCrane Orlando to provide a 350-ton crane to accomplish the lift.
The hotel wanted the chiller replacement to reduce maintenance and energy costs and to improve reliability and efficiency. Because chiller sound levels were an important design consideration for Doubletree, a Carrier AquaForce chiller was selected because its AeroAcoustic fan is quieter per cfm than other models on the market, according to CES.
CES’s scope of work included demolition and replacement of chiller and HVAC components as well as commissioning and reporting for EPA certification.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers