Check-It Solutions Integrates With New Energy Star Portfolio Manager
The starter kit simplifies Energy Star Portfolio Manager reporting for companies by helping them better track energy use and can automatically upload that energy data to Portfolio Manager, calculating scores and metrics and eliminating the need for manually entering bill data through the EPA’s interface, the company says.
In addition to integrating utility bill data, the company says it is possible to monitor production from on-site renewable energy sources such as solar PV or wind turbines and to connect water or gas meter data in order to have a full online utility solution and better reflect all data in the Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
The Check-It Energy Management kit is also useful for buildings located in cities requiring commercial buildings to benchmark energy usage. The real-time monitored information is automatically sent to Energy Star Portfolio Manager and benchmarking reports are available whenever needed. The company says that the energy management kit simplifies the entire process and also provides other valuable information such as greenhouse gas emissions and energy intensity per square foot.
In addition to streamlining reporting requirements, Check-It Solutions touts its Energy Management Starter Kit as a complete turnkey energy management solution for commercial buildings. The kit includes all necessary software, hardware and components. New updates have streamlined the entire installation process so that any contractor can install the hardware, Check-It Solutions says.
The Energy Management Starter Kit can work stand-alone with many wireless device options to control lighting, temperatures, thermostats and almost any electrical device, according to the company, or existing BACnet or Modbus compliant devices can be integrated to avoid installing additional monitoring hardware.
The starter kit’s CG-300 controller acts as the central hub for all installed devices to be monitored and controlled. Check-It Solutions says that the CG-300 provides detailed electrical use monitoring at a single circuit level for overall building consumption or multi-circuit monitoring to understand energy usage for lighting, heating & cooling, motors, etc. The CG-300 manages communication between installed devices and forwards information to the hosted Check-It Solutions web portal.
Real-time as well as historical data can be viewed anywhere at anytime at the web portal. The web portal also includes a performance tracker tool to help log improvements and efficiency upgrades, providing “before and after” views.
A wide selection of options are available within the kit to help control energy usage and costs which can include utility demand charge alerts, demand response options, high/low thresholds, power outage notifications and others.
This article is sponsored content from Check-It Solutions written by Energy Manager Today Staff.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement