Chervon Energy Solutions to Save City More than $10 Million
Chevron Energy Solutions and the city of Livermore, Calif. have announced a plan to reduce citywide energy costs and save taxpayers more than $10 million over the next 25 years.
The plan includes solar installations to generate power for the Livermore’s Civic Center, main library, airport and other municipal facilities. Combined with a range of energy efficiency measures aimed at slashing utility and maintenance costs, the city expects savings that can be reinvested into municipal services.
The central component of the energy efficiency program, the retrofit of 7,000 streetlights to LED technology, is expected to deliver millions in savings to the city, due to lower utility and maintenance costs. Livermore-based BridgeLux, an LED lighting manufacturer, has partnered with the city on this retrofit.
In January, Chevron Energy Solutions flipped the switch on a solar installation for Santa Cruz County Office of Education expected to save the agency more than $2 million over the program’s life. The project, located at the County Office of Education in Santa Cruz, Calif. is also expected to offset carbon emissions by close to 150 metric tons in the first year, and reduce office energy use and purchases of utility-generated power by more than 40 percent.
A month earlier, the company completed a solar installation for the city of Hanford, Calif., that is expected to reduce energy costs at the city’s wastewater treatment plant and save more than $7 million over the program’s life.
In addition to solar installations, Chevron Energy Solutions also performs energy efficiency upgrades, such as streetlight and HVAC retrofitting.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- LED Myths and Facts
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room