Chervon Energy Solutions to Save City More than $10 Million
Chevron Energy Solutions and the city of Livermore, Calif. have announced a plan to reduce citywide energy costs and save taxpayers more than $10 million over the next 25 years.
The plan includes solar installations to generate power for the Livermore’s Civic Center, main library, airport and other municipal facilities. Combined with a range of energy efficiency measures aimed at slashing utility and maintenance costs, the city expects savings that can be reinvested into municipal services.
The central component of the energy efficiency program, the retrofit of 7,000 streetlights to LED technology, is expected to deliver millions in savings to the city, due to lower utility and maintenance costs. Livermore-based BridgeLux, an LED lighting manufacturer, has partnered with the city on this retrofit.
In January, Chevron Energy Solutions flipped the switch on a solar installation for Santa Cruz County Office of Education expected to save the agency more than $2 million over the program’s life. The project, located at the County Office of Education in Santa Cruz, Calif. is also expected to offset carbon emissions by close to 150 metric tons in the first year, and reduce office energy use and purchases of utility-generated power by more than 40 percent.
A month earlier, the company completed a solar installation for the city of Hanford, Calif., that is expected to reduce energy costs at the city’s wastewater treatment plant and save more than $7 million over the program’s life.
In addition to solar installations, Chevron Energy Solutions also performs energy efficiency upgrades, such as streetlight and HVAC retrofitting.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash