Chesapeake College Installs Solar, EV Charging
Chesapeake College in Maryland signed a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with SolarCity to install a solar array and solar parking lot canopy, along with 10 electric car-charging stations, reports MyEasternShoreMD.
The main solar array of the 2 MW project will feature fixed-mount panels as well as tracking solar panels.
Per the power purchase agreement, there are no upfront costs to the college, and SolarCity will be responsible for construction and maintenance of the system.
Based on current energy prices, the college expects to save about $100,000 per year.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future