Chevron Energy Solutions Wins Contracts at 2 California School Districts
The school board of the Lucia Mar Unified School District in San Luis Obispo County, Calif., awarded Chevron Energy Solutions a contract to design and develop a program, which will include solar energy systems, energy efficiency measures and improved lighting components. The program is estimated to save the district over $40 million, or about $20 million after paying all program costs over the 30-year project life. The project will include 1.7 MW of solar generation capacity at seven district sites, upgraded HVAC systems, irrigation controls and energy-saving LED lighting. In total, the project is expected to reduce the district’s utility-purchased electricity costs by about 75 percent. Construction work on the project will commence in January 2014.
In similar news, Fountain Valley School District in Orange County, Calif., and Chevron Energy Solutions are constructing an expansive solar and energy efficiency program, financed entirely by savings, that is expected to reduce the district’s electric utility purchases, generate over 1 MW of electricity, reduce purchases from the electric utility by over 70 percent and save the district almost $14 million, over its life. The project is expected to be completed in May 2014. Fountain Valley will also become the first school district in Orange County to engage Chevron Energy Solutions’ Envision program to improve the district’s science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education. Chevron will provide over 100 hours of teacher professional development and training, living labs that connect data from solar installations and building operations to a student-facing dashboard, and hands-on classroom science kits that help students learn about energy efficiency, solar energy and the science of energy.
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems