Chicago Area Hilton Hotels Cut Energy More than 35%
Three Chicago Area Hilton Hotels – The DoubleTree Alsip, Hilton Lisle/Naperville and Hilton Northbrook – have implemented lighting efficiency and conservation measures to collectively reduce energy use by more than 35 percent annually. The efficiency upgrades were implemented as part of an electricity supply contract with Constellation through its Efficiency Made Easy product.
Energy efficient lighting and controls installed for the hotels by Constellation include: occupancy sensors, LED lamps in hotel common areas, upgrades to existing T8 lighting fixtures and metal halides in parking garages. As part of the project, user-friendly digital thermostats were installed in each hotel room that allow staff and guests to better control in-room heating and cooling units.
The hotels were able to achieve additional energy cost savings through gas supply purchases and participation in demand response programs with Constellation.
Efficiency Made Easy allows Constellation business customers to implement energy efficiency upgrades at their facilities with no up-front capital expenditure. Constellation funds and installs the upgrades as part of a short-term energy supply contract with the customer.
The Chicago-area Hiltons are helping to support Hilton Worldwide’s proprietary sustainability measurement system, LightStay. Hilton Worldwide completed the adoption of LightStay across the company’s more than 3,900 properties in 91 countries in 2011, and is now tracking more than 450,000,000 square feet of building space within the system.
LightStay measures multiple utility and operational metrics such as energy, water, carbon, housekeeping, paper product usage, waste, chemical storage, air quality and transportation. Hilton recently announced a milestone with its waste reduction goals and also announced the launch of a carbon-offset program for events and meetings held at select hotels across Southeast Asia, using its LightStay Meeting Impact Calculator.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing