Chicago Area Hilton Hotels Cut Energy More than 35%
Three Chicago Area Hilton Hotels – The DoubleTree Alsip, Hilton Lisle/Naperville and Hilton Northbrook – have implemented lighting efficiency and conservation measures to collectively reduce energy use by more than 35 percent annually. The efficiency upgrades were implemented as part of an electricity supply contract with Constellation through its Efficiency Made Easy product.
Energy efficient lighting and controls installed for the hotels by Constellation include: occupancy sensors, LED lamps in hotel common areas, upgrades to existing T8 lighting fixtures and metal halides in parking garages. As part of the project, user-friendly digital thermostats were installed in each hotel room that allow staff and guests to better control in-room heating and cooling units.
The hotels were able to achieve additional energy cost savings through gas supply purchases and participation in demand response programs with Constellation.
Efficiency Made Easy allows Constellation business customers to implement energy efficiency upgrades at their facilities with no up-front capital expenditure. Constellation funds and installs the upgrades as part of a short-term energy supply contract with the customer.
The Chicago-area Hiltons are helping to support Hilton Worldwide’s proprietary sustainability measurement system, LightStay. Hilton Worldwide completed the adoption of LightStay across the company’s more than 3,900 properties in 91 countries in 2011, and is now tracking more than 450,000,000 square feet of building space within the system.
LightStay measures multiple utility and operational metrics such as energy, water, carbon, housekeeping, paper product usage, waste, chemical storage, air quality and transportation. Hilton recently announced a milestone with its waste reduction goals and also announced the launch of a carbon-offset program for events and meetings held at select hotels across Southeast Asia, using its LightStay Meeting Impact Calculator.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls