Chicago Non-Profits Get Lighting Audits Via Co-op
The BOC Energy Cooperative’s energy efficiency audits across Northern Illinois begin this week through the end of August, aimed at helping non-profits take advantage of low-cost energy efficiency lighting solutions.
The BOC Energy Cooperative completed energy efficiency lighting solutions for a number of members over the past year. Each participant saved between $25,000 and $85,000 in project costs by leveraging utility incentives and rebates and special grants through the BOC Energy Efficiency Program.
The BOC Energy Cooperative is an opt-in energy aggregation program – the energy arm of the Back Office Cooperative (BOC).
“We do charge a small administration fee,” said Scott Szymankiewicz, procurement specialist with BOC. “It typically averages out to be 1 percent of the energy spend made through BOC’s agreements. BOC is a non-profit as well.”
Open enrollment for new members is through the end of August, on a first come, first serve basis.
In addition to helping social non-profits save money on their electricity costs, BOC helps them save on their natural gas costs and find energy efficiency opportunities.
“From electric, natural gas, and lighting retrofits to boiler replacements, the BOC Energy Cooperative is our in-house, out-sourced utility, taking care of all our energy needs,” said Lyle Haerle, facilities director for One Hope United, in a statement.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy