Chicago Non-Profits Get Lighting Audits Via Co-op
The BOC Energy Cooperative’s energy efficiency audits across Northern Illinois begin this week through the end of August, aimed at helping non-profits take advantage of low-cost energy efficiency lighting solutions.
The BOC Energy Cooperative completed energy efficiency lighting solutions for a number of members over the past year. Each participant saved between $25,000 and $85,000 in project costs by leveraging utility incentives and rebates and special grants through the BOC Energy Efficiency Program.
The BOC Energy Cooperative is an opt-in energy aggregation program – the energy arm of the Back Office Cooperative (BOC).
“We do charge a small administration fee,” said Scott Szymankiewicz, procurement specialist with BOC. “It typically averages out to be 1 percent of the energy spend made through BOC’s agreements. BOC is a non-profit as well.”
Open enrollment for new members is through the end of August, on a first come, first serve basis.
In addition to helping social non-profits save money on their electricity costs, BOC helps them save on their natural gas costs and find energy efficiency opportunities.
“From electric, natural gas, and lighting retrofits to boiler replacements, the BOC Energy Cooperative is our in-house, out-sourced utility, taking care of all our energy needs,” said Lyle Haerle, facilities director for One Hope United, in a statement.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing