Chicago Non-Profits Get Lighting Audits Via Co-op
The BOC Energy Cooperative’s energy efficiency audits across Northern Illinois begin this week through the end of August, aimed at helping non-profits take advantage of low-cost energy efficiency lighting solutions.
The BOC Energy Cooperative completed energy efficiency lighting solutions for a number of members over the past year. Each participant saved between $25,000 and $85,000 in project costs by leveraging utility incentives and rebates and special grants through the BOC Energy Efficiency Program.
The BOC Energy Cooperative is an opt-in energy aggregation program – the energy arm of the Back Office Cooperative (BOC).
“We do charge a small administration fee,” said Scott Szymankiewicz, procurement specialist with BOC. “It typically averages out to be 1 percent of the energy spend made through BOC’s agreements. BOC is a non-profit as well.”
Open enrollment for new members is through the end of August, on a first come, first serve basis.
In addition to helping social non-profits save money on their electricity costs, BOC helps them save on their natural gas costs and find energy efficiency opportunities.
“From electric, natural gas, and lighting retrofits to boiler replacements, the BOC Energy Cooperative is our in-house, out-sourced utility, taking care of all our energy needs,” said Lyle Haerle, facilities director for One Hope United, in a statement.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement