Chinese Firm Invests $25M in Energy Storage Company
SF Suntech, a solar product manufacturer and wholly-owned subsidiary of Shunfeng Photovoltaic International (Shunfeng) is investing $25 million in Powin Energy pursuant to a Share Subscription Agreement, which also granted SF Suntech an option exercisable within two years to acquire another 30 percent of Powin Energy for $37.5 million.
Powin Energy, a company incorporated in Oregon, specializes in integration and development of scalable energy storage technologies for grid-level applications, commercial customers, and transportation, such as turnkey vehicle battery retrofits and electric vehicle charging stations.
Pursuant to a related Shareholder Agreement, SF Suntech will appoint four directors from a seven-person board of Powin Energy upon completing the $25 million investment. The transaction is scheduled to close August 29, 2014.
Mr. Zhang Yi, Chairman of Shunfeng, said in a statement, “We view the technology of Powin Energy as of strategic significance to our strategy of developing and deploying large-scale energy storage devices throughout China and elsewhere in the world.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management