Chinese Office Tower Reduces Energy Consumption 28%
Johnson Controls helped an 850,000-sq-foot office tower in Changsha City, China, cut energy consumption by 28 percent.
The Northstar Delta office tower was awarded two green building certifications: LEED certification by the US Green Building Council and the Green Building Evaluation Label, a program managed by the Chinese government.
Johnson Controls’ recommendations included a heat recovery system to harness waste heat. The office tower also implemented Johnson Controls’ Metasys building management system and a variable air volume (VAV) system.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash