CHP Power Plants with Fuel Cells Offered in Europe
FuelCell Energy Solutions and E.ON Connecting Energies are partnering to develop decentralized combined heat and power (CHP) projects. The MW and multi-megawatt Direct FuelCell power plants will be offered via a power purchase agreement (PPA) financing or leasing structure.
FuelCell Energy Solutions provides fuel cell power plants in Europe, and E.ON Connecting Energies bundles the utility E.ON’s businesses in decentralized energy and energy efficiency, serving industrial, commercial and public-sector customers.
The agreement commences with the sale of a 1.4 MW plant at the German headquarters and production facility of FRIATEC. E.ON will own the power plant, and FuelCell Energy Solutions will install, operate and maintain the plant under a long-term service agreement. The installation at FRIATEC will meet about 60 percent of the power needs of the manufacturing operations, and the heat from the power plant will be supplied to the existing on-site heating grid to be used at multiple production areas within the facility.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- There’s Money in the Trash