Cirrus Logic LED Drivers Dim to Near-Zero Light
Cirrus Logic’s new single-stage LED drivers – the CS1615/16 – dim to nearly zero light output, which closely matches the dimming performance of incandescent light bulbs, according to Cirrus.
Limited dimming range, flicker effects and the inability to turn the bulb on or off are the most common factors that lead to high rates of return of LED bulbs, says Cirrus. Most dimmers are designed for operation with the purely resistive load of an incandescent; however, the additional electronics in an LED bulb create significant compatibility challenges.
Cirrus Logic says its dimmer-compatibility technology identifies the type of dimmer in use and applies the appropriate operating mode.
Cirrus Logic’s LED drivers enable next-generation bulbs to meet proposed standards from Energy Star, NEMA, California Energy Commission and other standards groups that are pursuing newer, more stringent requirements for dimmer compatibility.
The CS1615/16 provides primary-side constant current control, tight LED current regulation and active power factor correction. The CS1615/16 is expected to be in volume production in early summer.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement