Cirrus Logic LED Drivers Dim to Near-Zero Light
Cirrus Logic’s new single-stage LED drivers – the CS1615/16 – dim to nearly zero light output, which closely matches the dimming performance of incandescent light bulbs, according to Cirrus.
Limited dimming range, flicker effects and the inability to turn the bulb on or off are the most common factors that lead to high rates of return of LED bulbs, says Cirrus. Most dimmers are designed for operation with the purely resistive load of an incandescent; however, the additional electronics in an LED bulb create significant compatibility challenges.
Cirrus Logic says its dimmer-compatibility technology identifies the type of dimmer in use and applies the appropriate operating mode.
Cirrus Logic’s LED drivers enable next-generation bulbs to meet proposed standards from Energy Star, NEMA, California Energy Commission and other standards groups that are pursuing newer, more stringent requirements for dimmer compatibility.
The CS1615/16 provides primary-side constant current control, tight LED current regulation and active power factor correction. The CS1615/16 is expected to be in volume production in early summer.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Combined Heat and Power