Cirrus Logic LED Drivers Dim to Near-Zero Light
Cirrus Logic’s new single-stage LED drivers – the CS1615/16 – dim to nearly zero light output, which closely matches the dimming performance of incandescent light bulbs, according to Cirrus.
Limited dimming range, flicker effects and the inability to turn the bulb on or off are the most common factors that lead to high rates of return of LED bulbs, says Cirrus. Most dimmers are designed for operation with the purely resistive load of an incandescent; however, the additional electronics in an LED bulb create significant compatibility challenges.
Cirrus Logic says its dimmer-compatibility technology identifies the type of dimmer in use and applies the appropriate operating mode.
Cirrus Logic’s LED drivers enable next-generation bulbs to meet proposed standards from Energy Star, NEMA, California Energy Commission and other standards groups that are pursuing newer, more stringent requirements for dimmer compatibility.
The CS1615/16 provides primary-side constant current control, tight LED current regulation and active power factor correction. The CS1615/16 is expected to be in volume production in early summer.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions