Cisco, Acuity Brands Join Sensity Systems Partner Network
Sensity Systems, which uses energy-efficient LED lighting as the foundation for its high-speed, sensor-based Light Sensory Network, is expanding its NetSense Partner Program to include Cisco Systems and Acuity Brands. Sensity Systems says the expansion beyond lighting manufacturer partners will help enable commercial and industrial manufacturers and service providers to deliver on the promise of the Internet of Things.
Acuity Brands, known for its solid-state lighting portfolio and control technologies, recently entered into a $249 million agreement to acquire all of the outstanding capital stock of Distech Controls, a provider of building automation and energy management systems.
Sensity’s NetSense platform components include:
- A common set of wirelessly connected, IP-addressable sensor nodes with embedded analytics deployed via LED infrastructure.
- A cloud-based data warehouse that receives, organizes and stores real-time and historical data from sensory nodes deployed globally.
- A comprehensive set of application programming interfaces (APIs) that provide developers access to raw as well as meta data from NetSense nodes to enable a broad array of applications and services, including lighting control, video-based security, smart parking, traffic management and location services.
- A managed service to ensure sensor nodes, network elements, and APIs are all managed, secure and highly available.
Sensity’s NetSense Nodes are wirelessly connected and form the foundation for the NetSense platform. NetSense Nodes are hardware devices that are packed with sensors and embedded analytics that are integrated into LED luminaires. Nodes can be located inside the luminaire enclosures or affixed to the exterior of light fixtures using an industry-standard NEMA receptacle.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year