Cisco Spells Out Its Energy Management Services
Cisco added new services in its Cisco EnergyWise Suite based on the integration of recently acquired JouleX software. Cisco EnergyWise Suite helps to reduce energy costs by monitoring, measuring, and managing the energy usage of all network-connected devices and systems regardless of vendor or device type, including switches and routers, servers, access points, IP phones, laptops, monitors, and even ATM machines, using automated energy analytics and policy-based optimization.
New service offerings include:
- Cisco EnergyWise Fast-Start trial software, a free, trial license of the EnergyWise Management software.
- Cisco EnergyWise Discovery Service to identify energy waste and create benchmarks.
- Cisco EnergyWise Optimization Service, focused on delivering energy optimization for IT infrastructure.
- Cisco EnergyWise Management for Distributed Office, a network-based software that allows companies to use existing infrastructure to begin seeing, measuring, and managing the energy consumption and utilization of all connected devices within their office and building environments.
- Cisco EnergyWise Management for Data Center, a network-based software for customers to see, measure and manage the energy consumption of all connected devices within their data center.
Cisco has been talking about the “Internet of Things” for a few years. Now that JouleX has been incorporated into the company, Cisco is making a push help companies power down all these “things” to save energy.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project