Cisco Spells Out Its Energy Management Services
Cisco added new services in its Cisco EnergyWise Suite based on the integration of recently acquired JouleX software. Cisco EnergyWise Suite helps to reduce energy costs by monitoring, measuring, and managing the energy usage of all network-connected devices and systems regardless of vendor or device type, including switches and routers, servers, access points, IP phones, laptops, monitors, and even ATM machines, using automated energy analytics and policy-based optimization.
New service offerings include:
- Cisco EnergyWise Fast-Start trial software, a free, trial license of the EnergyWise Management software.
- Cisco EnergyWise Discovery Service to identify energy waste and create benchmarks.
- Cisco EnergyWise Optimization Service, focused on delivering energy optimization for IT infrastructure.
- Cisco EnergyWise Management for Distributed Office, a network-based software that allows companies to use existing infrastructure to begin seeing, measuring, and managing the energy consumption and utilization of all connected devices within their office and building environments.
- Cisco EnergyWise Management for Data Center, a network-based software for customers to see, measure and manage the energy consumption of all connected devices within their data center.
Cisco has been talking about the “Internet of Things” for a few years. Now that JouleX has been incorporated into the company, Cisco is making a push help companies power down all these “things” to save energy.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings