City of Jacksonville, Fla. Selects EnergyCAP Software
The city of Jacksonville, Fla. has selected EnergyCAP software to manage its citywide utility bill system and report energy use in more than 6.5 million square feet including 300 buildings.
City officials say they chose EnergyCAP to cut energy costs, improve city buildings’ energy efficiency and report on the environmental impact of government operations.
The software will be used for utility bill tracking, auditing, benchmarking and greenhouse gas tracking.
EnergyCAP will interface with IBM Maximo, the city’s asset management system, and will receive electronic billing data from utilities including JEA, Beaches Energy, the town of Baldwin, and cities including Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach. EnergyCAP will also automatically submit building energy data to the Energy Star Portfolio Manager so Jacksonville can receive building energy ratings.
Some 35,000 buildings that used the Energy Star Portfolio Manager tool to track and manage energy use between 2008 and 2011 realized an average annual savings of 2.4 percent with a total savings of 7 percent, according to an EPA report released in October.
An Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant will fund Jacksonville’s EnergyCAP system.
The counties of Miami-Dade, Orange and Charlotte, the city of Tampa, University of Central Florida, Valencia Community College, and 30 school districts and other clients in Florida currently use EnergyCAP, according to the company.
Michigan’s Kalamazoo Valley Community College has saved $1,096,456 since 2010 using energy-accounting software from EnergyCAP, the college reported earlier this month.
A Groom Energy report released in March named EnergyCAP as a company to watch in the enterprise smart grid market because of its innovation, customer proof points, market momentum, product development and increased emphasis on enterprise-wide and multiple-site implementations.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide