City of Jacksonville, Fla. Selects EnergyCAP Software
The city of Jacksonville, Fla. has selected EnergyCAP software to manage its citywide utility bill system and report energy use in more than 6.5 million square feet including 300 buildings.
City officials say they chose EnergyCAP to cut energy costs, improve city buildings’ energy efficiency and report on the environmental impact of government operations.
The software will be used for utility bill tracking, auditing, benchmarking and greenhouse gas tracking.
EnergyCAP will interface with IBM Maximo, the city’s asset management system, and will receive electronic billing data from utilities including JEA, Beaches Energy, the town of Baldwin, and cities including Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach. EnergyCAP will also automatically submit building energy data to the Energy Star Portfolio Manager so Jacksonville can receive building energy ratings.
Some 35,000 buildings that used the Energy Star Portfolio Manager tool to track and manage energy use between 2008 and 2011 realized an average annual savings of 2.4 percent with a total savings of 7 percent, according to an EPA report released in October.
An Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant will fund Jacksonville’s EnergyCAP system.
The counties of Miami-Dade, Orange and Charlotte, the city of Tampa, University of Central Florida, Valencia Community College, and 30 school districts and other clients in Florida currently use EnergyCAP, according to the company.
Michigan’s Kalamazoo Valley Community College has saved $1,096,456 since 2010 using energy-accounting software from EnergyCAP, the college reported earlier this month.
A Groom Energy report released in March named EnergyCAP as a company to watch in the enterprise smart grid market because of its innovation, customer proof points, market momentum, product development and increased emphasis on enterprise-wide and multiple-site implementations.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement